This website www.catholicheritagearchive.com is owned and operated by Findmypast Limited (FMP), a company registered in England and Wales no. 04369607, having its registered offices at The Glebe, 6 Chapel Place, Rivington Street, London, EC2A 3DQ.
What are cookies.
Catholic Heritage Archive Cookies
We only use a limited number of cookies here. They are all 1st party cookies, created by Findmypast and necessary for the operation of the website. Necessary cookies are cookies which are essential for the running of our websites. They include for example, cookies that allow you to remain logged into our website. Without these cookies, parts of our websites would not function. These cookies do not track where you have been on the internet and do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing purposes.
The cookies we use are the following:
|.AspNet.Consent||1 year||Your cookie consent|
|Your cookie consent||Sessional||Login|
How can I control my cookies?
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies and similar technologies, but if you prefer, you can change your browser settings to do the following:
- Delete all cookies;
- Block all cookies;
- Allow all cookies;
- Block third-party cookies;
- Clear all cookies when you close the browser;
- Open a 'private browsing' / 'incognito' session, which allows you to browse the internet without storing local data; and
- Install add-ons and plug-ins to extend browser functionality.
The effect of disabling cookies depends on which cookies you disable but, in general, the website may not operate properly if all cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases of subscriptions on our website. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase of a subscription on our website.
If you want to disable cookies on our site, you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below:
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
- Click on the “privacy” tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
- Choose Settings> Advanced
- Under "Privacy and security," click “Content settings”
- Click “Cookies”
- Choose Preferences > Privacy
- Click on “Remove all Website Data”
For Mozilla firefox:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
- Click on the icon “privacy”
- Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu Files” > “Preferences”
- A number of websites provide detailed information on cookies, including AboutCookies.org and AllAboutCookies.org.
- The Internet Advertising Bureau website Your Online Choices allows you to install opt-out cookies across different advertising networks.
- Google has developed a browser add-on to allow users to opt-out of Google Analytics across all websites which use this popular analytics product.
- New technologies such as Mozilla's Do Not Track allow you to tell websites not to track you.
- Internet Explorer has a feature called Tracking Protection Lists which allows you to import a list of websites you want to block.
If you have any questions about privacy or wish to update your details or have them removed from our mailing list at any time, please contact us at:
- Postal address:
- Data Protection Officer
- 6 Chapel Place
- Rivington Street
- London EC2A 3DQ
This statement was updated 1 April 2019.